Sometimes an older adult just needs a little extra help to safely maintain their independence. It might be with transportation services or assistance with grocery shopping. Home care can provide a solution. Also known as non-medical care or private duty services, these agencies can be employed to help with tasks ranging from personal care to meal preparation and medication reminders.
Senior In-Home Care in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area
In-home care agencies provide support with both the Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and the Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL). Assistance with each of these groups of services is important when you are trying to help a DFW senior loved one remain safe at home.
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL): These are the routine care-related tasks of daily living that we all complete each day. They include bathing, grooming, dressing, and toileting support.
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL): This group is made up of the chores that are necessary for maintaining an independent life. A few of the most common ones include: managing finances and paying bills, grocery shopping and meal preparation, housekeeping, home maintenance and repairs and medication management.
Benefits of In-Home Care
The benefits of utilizing the services of a Dallas-Fort Worth home care agency include:
- Safely Maintain Independence: Given a choice, most older adults would like to remain at home. “Aging with choice” is the term used to describe staying at home as you age. Home care services may help prevent or delay a move to a senior living community.
- Companionship and Socialization: For older adults who live alone, feeling isolated and lonely can contribute to health problems such as obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes. Hiring an in-home companion can help. They can take an older adult on community outings, play games together, complete craft projects and more.
- Personal Care Support: Unlike an assisted living community or a nursing care center where you may be required to pay for services in a bundle, home care services are personalized. You pay only for those services you or your DFW senior need. That can make home care a more affordable solution for families.
Help Finding Home Care in Dallas-Fort Worth Area
Senior Living Specialists are the Dallas-Fort Worth area’s most experienced placement team. We find care for older adults at no cost to the senior or their family. Please Contact Us or call us at 214-929-5055 to learn how we can help you find the care option that best meets your needs.